Implement and support cost-effective automated methods of testing and troubleshooting manufactured product including printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs), final assemblies, and in some cases large systems testing in a production manufacturing environment. This test equipment consists of electrical, electronic, mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce Rockwell Automation products. The Test Engineer will actively work with the global and local plant environments in collaboration with design teams to achieve optimum product and test equipment designs for manufacturability. Works on issues of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Implement continuous improvement, error proofing, ergonomics, yield, and other lean manufacturing initiatives for test equipment and processes.
- Assist with development of standardized work practices, documentation maintenance, and operator training for all test related processes.
- Understand documentation on all aspects of the test solution.
- Test specification to document product testing and coverage.
- System wiring schematics in AutoCAD Electrical.
- System BOM (Bill of Materials).
- User's guide to assist plant engineering with long term support.
- Test software stored released into appropriate source control location.
- Assist with scheduling/performing timely preventative maintenance for all test equipment. Provide guidance with calibration schedules and/or requirements for test instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot test equipment solutions in the production environment.
- Responsible for identifying/maintaining spare parts inventory.
- Provide guidance for product repair processes and other troubleshooting tools and guides for tester/product repair.
- Provides manufacturing technical support assisting in troubleshooting test systems to resolve crisis downtime situations in Rockwell Automation plants.
- Participate in projects that will enable the plants to meet annual productivity goals and reduce/eliminate safety and ergonomic risk in the manufacturing work environment.
- Participate in the procurement, installation and validation activities with test equipment targeted for the manufacturing production.
- Gain experience with debugging, modifying, and troubleshooting software using multiple programming languages (including C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, PLC, etc.).
- Support of MSA activities on new and existing test processes.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology(EET), Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS) or BS in a similar technical field.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and interpret new product designs consisting of electronic circuit schematics, electrical and mechanical equipment design drawings, bills of materials, design and functional specifications.
- Experience with software languages or platforms such as C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, PLC, etc.
- Knowledge of electronic diagnostic troubleshooting hardware.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 1+ yrs testing of controls equipment
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Ladysmith - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.