Rockwell Automation is looking for a Project Hardware Design Engineer with electronics design experience to join our new product development team. You will develop and enhance our existing and next generation industrial control products. These products include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices. You will play a key role in all phases of product development including requirements definition, complex circuit design for embedded systems, functional safety impact assessment, product verification and certification testing, and release to production. You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to bring our product roadmaps to life. The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop technically and take on increased scope and responsibility.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar related technical discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product development and release of electronic hardware systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading technical teams.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards; IEC 61508 and/or SIL2/SIL3.
- Experience with fault tolerant design, redundant design, high availability design, or avionics design.
- Experience with electronic hardware design tools such as schematic capture, PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as UL, CE, or IEC 61010.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443 and functional safety standards, such as IEC 61511.
- Knowledge of industrial communications interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet IP.
- Experience designing embedded systems, including developing embedded code using C/C++.
- Capability to effectively utilize Python and/or Rockwell Software programming tools to develop test programs and understand customer applications.
- Formal functional or process safety training from a recognized body such as exida, ISA, or TUV.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.