Thermal engineering team is looking for a thermal engineer working mainly in a lab environment to address the future thermal challenges of Rockwell Automation products. The team will be all the efforts starting product definition to validation for all natural convection and IC designs. The thermal engineer will contribute to Rockwell Automation's success by developing innovative thermal solutions and process and support our customers for all thermal related issues.
- Development of thermal experiments for characterizing the packages/system level thermal technologies
- Developing lab based methodologies for predicting thermal behaviors of products
- Thermal characterization of chipsets
- Support of thermal physics based mitigation techniques
- Simplifying the thermal modeling approach through lab measurements
- System level experimental model and hardware development
- Development of advanced thermal technologies for future platforms
- Hands on in the lab
- Development of procedures for thermal experiments
- Coordination of project delivery and support simulation
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple teams
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Thermal Engineering.
- 2 years' experience in thermal engineering related to mechanical/thermal development.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong knowledge in experimental techniques and system level thermal solutions.
- Understanding of semiconductor packages, board level solutions, different components in the platform.
- Familiarity with thermal modeling tools such as Icepak, Fluent and flotherm.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.