As a Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer for Rockwell Automation, you will have the opportunity to exercise technical leadership across multiple product developments. You will be a key player in creating architectures from design and implementation through testing and deployment. You will play a key role in evaluating product quality by participating in cross functional teams focused on new product development in embedded software systems for the industrial control market. In this role you will have a focus on embedded software security.
When you join our Embedded Software group, you become part of a team of leading industrial automation experts with a proven track record for innovative solutions. As part of this team you will work on cutting-edge technologies in embedded software to create best-in-class industrial automation solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for embedded software control systems testing and identifying creative solutions to complex problems. We are looking for someone with exposure to various software architectures who can apply their knowledge in control systems applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering with a Computer Science emphasis.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience using software development lifecycle methodologies (software requirements analysis, software design, software testing)
- Software project leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience in software testing
- Strong experience with Python, C++ or similar programming languages
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Advanced courses in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of embedded security concepts/principles.
- 3+ years designing and implementing industrial control systems in end user applications
- Experience in Agile development
- Participation in the development of software test automation framework
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.