Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore is seeking a Director, Product Management to lead strategic vision and execution of the product strategy for architectural coatings including exterior, interior, exterior stains, and light industrial coatings sold to independent dealers across North America and internationally.
The Director of Product Management works in close collaboration with sales, labs, retail, operations and executive management to drive success of product development from concept to implementation. The incumbent and staff will consult with Sales, Marketing, Color, Retail and Product Development personnel in evaluating the effectiveness of marketing media, product displays, graphical design and recommending improvements. This position is based in Montvale, NJ reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Drive the global product growth strategy using understanding of the product market segment, competitive environment, and strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Gain support and alignment on the product vision with all levels of the organization by establishing cross-functional relationships
- Develop, mentor and challenge members of your assigned team and beyond, through effective communication and inspired leadship
- Lead product portfolio optimization
- Translate market opportunities and customer problems into clear product requirements
- Utilize solid business acumen to execute good business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboratively campaign the new product development process working closely with sales and labs
- Manage multiple priorities and evaluate business cases, including value-based pricing and revenue modeling
- Translate business-to-technical requirements, and vice versa
- Communicate product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teams.
- Define and track overall team success metrics
- Develop, monitor and control key initiatives, budgets, P&Ls, forecasts, plans, programs and measures of success for accurate reporting as well as provide guidance for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Required Skills & Desired Experience
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, chemistry, or other technical area. MBA preferred
- Ten years relevant working experience in technical and/or commercial area in the coatings, chemical or industrial segment
- Broad experience in paint and stain formulation, marketing and merchandising within the industry or a directly related industry.
- Experienced and motivational leader
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of coating products, technologies, and characteristics.
- Broad knowledge of marketing and sales principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of advertising methods and media purchasing practices.
- Broad knowledge of color scheme development, point-of-purchase display methods and merchandising techniques.
- Broad knowledge of graphic design principles, lithographic printing processes, screen printing methods, painting, staining and finishing procedures.
- Ability to create and develop innovative marketing programs which directly support the sales strategies.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of product marketing staff
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.