Responsible for leading design efforts for the development, enhancement and maintenance of Rockwell Automation Kinetix AC Servo Drives and Motors.
Works closely with other cross-functional team members within the Business and reports to the Engineering Manager.
Utilizes product return data to identify, design, validate and implement quality enhancements for AC Servo Drives and Motors.
Completes root cause analysis activities to evaluate and disposition product anomalies.
Identifies, designs and implements cost savings for AC Servo Drives and Motors.
Provides mechanical engineering support to Rockwell Automation's global manufacturing facilities for AC Servo Drives and Motors. Implement product changes to drive manufacturing efficiency and lower cost manufacturing.
Provides mechanical engineering support to ensure that Rockwell Automation's AC Servo Drives and Motors achieve their intended product lifecycle by managing component obsolescence and agency certification.
Coordinates mechanical engineering changes across global locations that include the phase in and phase out of components.
- 5+ years of experience in a New Product Development or Continuation/Sustaining Engineering environment.
- 5+ years of Pro/E design experience.
- 5+ years in motor mechanical.
- 3+ electronic packaging electro-magnetic and electrical design.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of injection-molded thermoplastics and sheet .
- Ability to translate customer requirement documentation into design solution options.metal manufacturing methods. Must also possess a broad understanding of additional piece-part fabrication techniques such as castings, extrusions, machining, stamping, etc.
- Familiar with ANSYS FEA and CFD analysis tools
- Experienced with agency approval requirements and designing for codes such as UL, NEMA, IEC, etc.
- Experienced in CAD/CAE engineering environments and document control within an ERP system
- Must have the ability to conceptualize designs and improve on existing products.
- Experienced with Tolerance Analysis
- Experienced in designing and implementing engineering changes that include raw material disposition.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment and have the ability to communicate at a technical level.
- Must work well in a team environment and interface with other functional groups such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, Purchasing and outside suppliers.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and documentation skills in order to clearly convey status updates, technical issues, design alternatives, etc.
- Must be able to create and manage a project activity list that includes estimated activity duration and required resources.
- Course work toward a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Familiar with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Familiar with Allen-Bradley AC Servo Drives and AC Servo Motors.
- Experienced with SAP.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Eden Prairie - Minnesota
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.