Join us in Decatur, IL!
Relocation Assistance Available!
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 - Environmental Services for Decatur Memorial Hospital, a 250 bed facility with 400,000 square feet located in Central Illinois in Decatur, IL. Decatur Memorial Hospital is a fully accredited facility that offers a wide range of general and specialized diagnostic, surgical and treatment services.
This General Manager will lead and direct a team of approximately 75 hourly non-union employees and 3 Sodexo Managers. The ability to motivate and develop employees to achieve desired outcomes is required. The ideal candidate will have prior General Manager/Director level experience for an Environmental Services healthcare department with direct reports and front-line staff. Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. Must have the ability to drive client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction results to a high level. Previous Sodexo or contract management leadership experience desired.
High Visibility. Challenging Opportunities. Rewarding Environment. Apply to this job today and become a GM of EVS. We foster an environment where employees are family, where the work is invigorating and satisfying, and where we share common values and a commitment to your future – your quality of life.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance