The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Job Summary Benjamin Moore & Co is currently looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our sales team. You will be accountable forengaging architects, designers and specifying professionals to grow market share and strengthen Benjamin Moore's position of product and color leadership within a defined territory. You will be responsible for managing the project specification and linking the planning stages to successful completion, resulting in paint sales and for providing expertise, education and brand awareness to the key purchase influencer segments including the Independent Retailer, Architects, Designers and Color Consultants while adhering to the Benjamin Moore Foundations core values. The territory covers Washington state and Oregon.
This is a great opportunity to develop your sales experience with a high-energy team and become part of an iconic and growing Berkshire Hathaway family brand. Benjamin Moore offers a company car, as well as a competitive compensation & benefits package designed to attract the very best sales professionals.
- BA/Bs degree preferred, ideally in interior design or architecture
- Two to five years of experience directly with the architectural and design communities
- Thorough understanding of specification and finish schedule writing
- Working knowledge of required software programs (Microsoft Office, CRM)
- Excellent communication, listening and public speaking skills
- Effective training and motivational skills
- Effective time management skills
- High sales aptitude, self-motivated
- Ability to analyze situation and identify opportunities for success
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Effective team interaction skills with high aptitude for collaboration with colleagues
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record a must
- Ability to work evenings & weekends when necessary
- Ability to travel overnight up to 30%
- Ideal Candidate will reside in the greater Seattle metro area
- bi-lingual in Spanish a plus but not required