The Account Manager - End User is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for assigned solutions and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with distributors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
1. Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the Industry Vertical Teams on an account by account basis when appropriate.
2. Establishes, executive level relationships with the customer base and understands customer processes and business model.
3. Coordinates and communicates with the solutions and channel component sales management and the distributor organizations.
4. Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
5. Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's Customer Centric Selling process.
6. Qualifies customer opportunities and qualifies and coordinates the solution design.
7. Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer's decision process and
presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
8. Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
9. Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances.
10. Engages the Rockwell Automation account team and the senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
11. Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
12. Obtains agreements and prices to support the proposal effort.
13. Supports customer/internal program reviews and also the development of district level Market Focus Plan.
14. Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
15. Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
16. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor Degree required
- 5 or more years of successful sales experience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability for local travel greater than 25% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Champaign - Illinois, Decatur - Illinois, Indianapolis - Indiana, Peoria - Illinois
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.