Sodexo Magic has a great opportunity for a Facilities Operations - Buildings Manager - Facilities at Chicago Public Schools.
Reporting to the Executive Director you will be responsible for partnering with the client and the Custodial Managers _to ensure consistent, timely, and high-quality service for the management of 5-7 buildings in the Chicago Public School System.
- Ensure the environment is conducive to learning (i.e. clean, safe, heated, cooled, well ventilated and free of safety and sanitary hazards at all times);
- Ensure all work orders are accurately captured in Maximo (WMS) and completed;
- Identify and report maintenance and repair needs and related work orders and safety hazards to the appropriate personnel and assist in facilitating repairs;
- Perform monthly Quality Inspection Reviews individually and team to identify needs and issues; confer with staff and administrators regarding needs and projects;
- Monitor and report supply inventory levels and equipment to insure the delivery of quality services and manage costs;
- Ensure custodial equipment (i.e. vacuums, mops, buffer/scrubber machines, carpet cleaners, etc. are properly maintained and stored in designated areas;
- Manage Operational budget;
- Vendor management/ Vendor relations.
- Conduct safety audits and safety training;
- Organize facilities set-up for special events and activities. Provide Director of Operations with a schedule of programs and staffing for programs and plans to ensure the building is ready for next business day;
- Oversees the CPS board custodians daily time records, discipline and performance.
- 3+ years in a management, supervisory or leadership role, preferably in in a multi-site environment.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- Ability to successfully manage building and custodial operations while supporting the strategic initiatives of the school;
- Experience with vendor relations and contract management;
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a solid understanding of managing budgets;
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- Experience managing APPA level 2 is preferred.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind.
What are you waiting for?
Apply to this job today and be our next Buildings Manager!
Responsible for a single scope of work in hard services area. 3rd in command
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present. In Univ. same as above as well as size and scope is less than an Ops 2;
- Manage one other manager; typically in account with smaller volume and FTE count; Manage by walking around; Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- Technical client interface
- Payroll and time mgmt. of frontline staff
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages financials
- Responsible for client relations/engagement
- Manages QA and Safety