Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Assistant Lead will work with the shift Lead to manage warehouse operations of the Benjamin Moore & Co. Distribution Center. You will assist in the warehouse management of all finished goods inventory, inventory accuracy and inventory controls processes during shift operations. You will ensure overall productivity, package quality, accuracy and integrity expectations are consistently meet by warehouse associates during the packing, loading and shipping process for internal and external customers in a safe manner.
- Follows and administrates all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines and rules; uses required safety equipment. Oversees quality and cleanliness of the work areas based on warehouse checklist and equipment.
- Manages the WMS shift checklist daily to ensure that all orders for any given day are complete and shipped.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT regulations.
- Manages all functions of the shipping department and finished goods warehouse, including load staging, truck loading, finished goods storage, generation of shipping documents, etc.
- Responsible for management, maintenance and control of electronic scanning systems. Ensures that all equipment is accounted for daily. Review and resolve shipping errors and develop strategies to minimize them.
- Responsible for expediting shipping of customer special tints.
- Helps to manages employee issues, such as job assignment, scheduling of vacations, attendance monitoring, performance goals and providing input for corrective actions.
- Prepares daily, quarterly, annual, and long-range performance reports.
- Responsible for managing manpower and delegating work to employees under their direct supervision to maximize productivity during production and non-production timeframes.
- It will also be the Lead's role to cooperate with other department Leads to train and cross-train employees to increase versatility and flexibility across the Clifton facility.
- Performing 5s audits
- Creating, implementing, and training on standard work instructions (SWI)
- Key performance indicator (KPI) reporting and management- METRICS
- Engaging their teams and cultivating improvement and efficiency suggestions.
- Performing daily shop floor management tools such as line walks, stand up meetings, 5S audits, production walks, and shift handover logs
- Responsible for decision makers and problem solvers in their departments and will be required to make critical decision to maximize efficiency and manpower and troubleshoot issues as they occur.
- Need to possess the knowledge to manage the Warehouse Management System, to ensure that all processes are followed.
- High School degree required an Associate's degree is preferred.
- It is expected that a qualified candidate for this position will have commensurate working experience in a distribution environment.
- A demonstrated ability to leading by example.
- Understand and uphold safety and quality initiatives.
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to demonstrate and build trust and respect with your shift.
- Working in a team-based environment is essential.
- Requires demonstrated computer skills, a working knowledge of the (WMS) as well as an aptitude to keep current with new electronic information systems.
- Computer knowledge of Word, Excel, WMS, SAP.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, strong organizational skills and flexibility are required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds during the shift.
- Ability to drive a forklift and walkie rider.
See Job Description