Sodexo is seeking a Clinical Nutrition Manager to oversee clinical nutrition operation for the Perth Amboy and Old Bridge Campus of Raritan Bay Medical Center. Raritan Bay Medical Center is a 450 bed licensed acute care facility. The selected candidate will lead a team of _inpatient Registered Dietitians, an outpatient Dietitian as well as Assistant Clinical Nutrition Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with 3+ years of experience as a lead Clinical Dietitian or Clinical Nutrition Manager in an acute care setting with Experience with electronic medical records
- Preferably bilingual and able to converse in Spanish
- Have Responsibility for inpatient nutrition support care plans, orders and engagement with nutrition support interdisciplinary team
- Provide education to patients, as well as hospital staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Strong time management and organizational skills are needed to be successful in this position
- Represent the Food & Nutrition Department as the primary liaison with the medical and nursing staff
- Train, mentor and supervise the inpatient dietitians, outpatient dietitian as well as patient services area
- Serve in a leadership role on the Food and Nutrition Services team along with other Sodexo managers
- Responsible for the development and management of the overall nutrition program
- Be self-directed, organized and a team player
- Able to develop rapport with the medical staff, Nursing and other patient care providers
- Have demonstrated skills in accreditation and regulatory readiness and review; and establishing and maintaining standards of care.
- Responsible for meeting Joint Commission/State/Federal and company standards.
- Assist in patient satisfaction monitoring like test trays, meal accuracies and patient rounds as well as quality control by providing support to the day to day operation
Have strong management presence in acute care nutrition services, along with a strong comprehension of the principles of clinical nutrition practice.
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).