Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company is seeking a Vice President of Sales join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals-just like you!
Reporting to the Chief Agency Officer, the Vice President of Sales is a national leadership role responsible for establishing a market strategy for Combined's Worksite Solutions' small business channel. This individual will drive the sales growth strategy through Account Executive sales production, professional development, and building and maintaining client relationships.
- Determine a national sales strategy and align to regional goals. Monitor results against goals, using reporting tools and regular communications with sales leads, while staying ahead of trends and taking proactive actions to steer results.
- Responsible for Account Executive staff development including building the sales force, field training, and ensuring adequate levels of sales production is generated from each region across the country.
- Seek out new business opportunities through an existing and growing network of small brokers, industry organizations, and industry contacts.
- Actively participate in the Worksite Solutions executive management team, proactively recommending changes required to bolster the sales force, maintain Combined's competitive stance in the marketplace, and develop sales leadership levels throughout the team.
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination with the Worksite Sales Administration team, as well as with all Home Office staff.
- Expand and develop line 1 & 2 managers.
- Take on strategic growth or improvement initiatives or other duties, as determined.
- Identify valuable emerging markets, customer segments, and other business opportunities that keep the business in a continuous growth mode/trajectory.
- 10+ years of progressive sales leadership experience within Individual and/or Group Insurance Sales, with 5+ years in a Worksite and/or Voluntary Benefits specific environment.
- Proven ability to recruit and build sales teams.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, as well as strong presentation/public speaking skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage a direct sales force by establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with a clear vision and drive towards success.
- Ability to align people and resources with strategic priorities.
- Strong team building, recruiting, and motivational skills.
- Ability to act as a change agent - demonstrated ability to create a case for change in sales processes (scorecards, portfolio allocation, target development, etc.) and implement them.
- Strong direct sales skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; Master's or other advanced degree a plus.
- Strong Voluntary Benefits industry knowledge and demonstrated ability to stay informed on development and introduction of new products or services, as well as maintain industry trends.
- Strong knowledge of Voluntary Life & Accident/Health insurance products, with preferred experience in both Individual and Group Policy Forms.
- Knowledge of various enrollment delivery methods of insurance products preferred.
- Knowledge of various payroll systems, and involvement in payroll deduction remitted business preferred.
As a Combined/Chubb corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Chubb is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and a Chubb company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 4,700 in North America, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company, Chubb, is one of the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide.
Travel - Yes, 50 % of the Time
Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and Google+
Job Posting - May 14, 2018, 9:03:51 AM