The ideal candidate will lead M&A activities for multiple businesses within the Rockwell Automation organization. This includes supporting the research, exploration and recommendation of potential inorganic opportunities in support of global expansion in targeted capabilities and improved market access in strategic geographies. Other key responsibilities include sourcing, managing the target pipeline, evaluating/negotiating deals and actively participating in due diligence activities within the business and across the enterprise where appropriate.
- As a member of the corporate development organization works closely with Rockwell Automation's Business leadership teams, and other key stakeholders across the enterprise to execute M&A activities aligned to the vision, strategy and business plan
- In cooperation with corporate development operations team, develops revenue modeling and financial risk analysis of business opportunities
- Leads and participates in variety of corporate development activities in support of CEO objective for Rockwell Automation to become active and experienced M&A organization
- Analyzes trends including competition, market, and regulatory/compliance
- Executes M&A initiatives in close partnership with key stakeholders including corporate operations team, sourcing, legal, finance and others.
- Updates relevant M&A funnels and provides regular presentations in various company forums upwards to Senior executives
- Researches and utilizes market information and strategic intelligence to develop market analyses, business plans and support strategic initiatives
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance or related field.
- Previous experience in M&A, business development, or corporate development, primarily with technology companies that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA), or Masters in Economics or Finance strongly preferred
- Ideally this role would be located in Cleveland or Milwaukee but we are open to other locations within the US
- Successful track record as a corporate development professional, including identification, evaluation, negotiation, and completion of M&A or other equivalent transactions which were critical to the growth of the organization
- Strong Finance or strategy background with an ability to evaluate market opportunities using all available resources
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, working with all levels of the organization in a matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of technology, domain expertise to understand company synergies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Chicago - Illinois, Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.