Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company is seeking a Director, Underwriting to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals-just like you!
This position will be responsible for the underwriting of our Worksite Group Voluntary Benefits products to include Disability Income, Accident, Critical Illness, and Universal Life. This position will correlate risk factors to underwriting standards in determining acceptance of risk within service and production standards. He/she will partner with Chief, UW and AVP, UW to develop, implement, and maintain modern, best in class underwriting standards.
- Solicit new and renewal submissions from sales leaders and brokers; achieve profitable growth through effective use of underwriting and business skills
- Evaluate and select new risks based on established company/departmental guidelines and within delegated authority
- Identify risk exposures and appropriate controls
- Maintain performance standards and meet satisfactory quote turnaround time
- Partner with sales leaders and brokers to generate new business revenues by developing prospects, visiting brokers, and participating in presentations
- Collaborate with sales leaders and other internal departments to foster a constructive working relationship
- Conduct loss frequency analysis; identify, analyze and provide plan for corrective action as necessary
- Guide and mentor junior staff.
- Effectively negotiate and secure policy terms that align with the company directives, especially utilizing new product and service offerings to bring value to the client.
- Coordinate strategy and work collaboratively with other aligned business functions including sales, operations, actuarial, and claims.
- Determine terms and conditions and complex rating plans
- Handle more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven analytical ability to evaluate and judge underwriting risks.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels
- Ability to work within a dynamic and challenging environment - handle multiple priorities - often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt effectively with varying market conditions, responsibilities and people in a changing environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline
- Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking; ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Proven ability to provide direction, guidance, and coaching to promote team excellence and achieve business goals
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of Group Voluntary Benefits underwriting experience
- Product focus includes Group & Individual Short Term Disability with a heavy focus on Group, Group & Individual Accident, Group Critical Illness and Group Universal Life or other permanent life product
- Experience working with distribution sources to include Worksite/Enrollment Firms as well as Benefit Brokers; experience Rating a big positive
- Experience mentoring and/or managing underwriting staff
As a Combined/Chubb corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Chubb is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and a Chubb company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 4,700 in North America, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company, Chubb, is one of the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide.
Travel - No
Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and Google+
Job Posting - May 15, 2018, 4:46:31 PM