Sodexo is seeking a Unit Controller for Sodexo located in Deerfield, Illinois.
Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- provide financial and analytical support for sales, operations and field finance to assist in financial decision making process regarding new business;
- prepare the costing of new business to ensure that it reflects operating assumptions that are consistent with the business conditions of the specific site and general operating history of the Division (primary focus is on multi-service or multi-site surveys);
- provide review of site/single survey costings prepared by the Sales Director;
- act as a business partner to Sales, Finance and Operations;
- administer data collection activities for the site survey;
- ensure that the proposal, contract and invoicing for new business is consistent with the costing assumptions; and
- prepare post audit assessments to assess operating performance and update general Division assumptions as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
- have strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, familiarity with accounting processes of a large company, strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in finance related computer applications;
- have the ability to apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures, and provide objective accounting judgment in the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and its clients;
- support customization of non-standard operating statements, executive summaries and centralized billings;
- have familiarity with unit operations;
- have the ability to develop working relationships with field operators and the ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information – this includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance of the division using financial data to accurately diagnose business realities, identifying key issues and developing strategies and plans;
- have strong computer skills;
- have an undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative discipline (accounting or finance preferred), with a minimum of five years related work experience in operations or finance; and
- have an Operations background (preferable) with the ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
Working for Sodexo at Corporate locations gives you the opportunity to help people perform better by improving their daily life in the workplace – what we call Quality of Life. Quality of Life means an environment of respect for people, for wellness and for greater productivity. Quality of Life means a workplace that creates greater efficiency, satisfaction and productivity. It means a business that understands that the wellness of people has a direct connection to the wellness of the organization’s bottom line.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset