Sodexo is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to join the dynamic clinical team at Mount Sinai Hospital and Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital located on Chicago’s west side in IL.
Position will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Be Registered and Licensed in the state of Illinois
- Conduct nutrition assessments, education, and interventions across the lifespan in order to improve the patient’s nutrition quality of life
- Be interested and enthusiastic for providing education and nutrition care for a variety of disease states including, but not limited to diabetes, cardiac disease, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, and general debility
- Monitor and evaluate patient care and outcomes on an ongoing basis
- Document in the medical record using the nutrition care process in ADIME format utilizing IDNT
- Effectively collaborate with other members of the patient care team including doctors, nurses, psychologists and social workers
- Be passionate for inpatient nutrition care and developing clinical skills
- Be an independent worker with excellent time management skills
- Participate in quality and process improvement measures related to food services and clinical nutrition
- Ability to speak Spanish would assist in educating patient population preferred but not required
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..