Sodexo’s Health Care Division is seeking an Environmental / Custodial Services Health-Care General Manager 4 at St Vincent Medical Center in Los Angeles. to oversee Environmental / Custodial Services day-to-day operations in the Los Angeles area. The facilities operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week with an hourly workforce speaking predominately Spanish. Relocation is not offered at this time.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of Sodexo's Environmental Services, and SRC operations in the Health-care / Hospital industry, Sodexo programs and systems (TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Checks, etc) as well as customer and employee relationship skills. Strong project management, analytical, communications and computer (Excel, Word and Power-Point) skills are needed for this role in conjunction with a comprehensive understanding of Sodexo’s corporate and CARES cultures.
The successful candidate must be:
Flexible and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Customer focused to enhance or improve the experience of the staff and patients.
Actively involved in Diversity Awareness.
Prior Multi-Service contract experience in a hospital is required
Mananged a Multi-Service Sodexo account
Able to lead and strong communication skills.
Results and safety driven
- Lean training desired
High financial acumen required (Mangment fee, Contract, P&L)
The “Hands-On” (willing and able to work side by side w/ front line when needed) manager ensures consistency in day to day operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. The incumbent is highly involved in driving HCAHPS scores and patient satisfaction to meet or exceed set target.
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel (able to create and work w/ formulas), and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented; well organized; and strong operational & financial Acumen. Preferred: Bi-Lingual with ability to communicate (speak and write) in English and Spanish; and prior contract management and healthcare experience.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance