Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The IT/Facilities Senior Buyer is responsible for day to day purchasing activities for Indirect Materials primarily in support of Benjamin Moore's operations and IT department. It includes supporting purchasing of products and services in support operations, and/or IT hardware, software and services. Focus will be on IT & Facilities related spend.
In addition to the day to day tasks noted above, the candidate will work under the guidance of the IT Purchasing Manager to secure non-disclosure agreements (NDA's), identify suppliers and assist in the preparation of RFI's, RFP's, and RFQ's for assigned products or services. The Buyer will assist in managing engagements, completing bid evaluations, performing any financial analysis needed to determine recommending finalists, conduct preliminary contract reviews, determining sourcing strategies and managing vendor relationships. The candidate will update procurement system input, cost models, and maintain supplier metrics necessary for effective reporting and communication.
25-30% Secure NDA's, prepare RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs for product categories; complete bid evaluations.
15-20% Maintain Procurement Systems information -- Complete purchase orders, update and maintain contracts, pricing, etc.
15-20% Track supplier metrics, communicate supplier performance, and forecast requirements, as needed, ensuring all purchases consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
10-15% Update price models, as required. Analyze and deliver timely cost information. Maintain sourcing database and metrics for reporting and communicating Procurement activities.
10-15% Negotiate with suppliers for execution of Supply Agreements that achieve lowest total system cost and which are in accordance with company policies and procedures.
10-15% Coordinate with internal customers to implement supplier changes, as required; assist plants and internal customers on sourcing related issues.
10-15% Ensure all purchases consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
5-10% Perform tactical duties as assigned.
- Facilitating Change
- Collaborative, works well on teams,
- Ability to Build Strategic Working Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Organizing
- Tactical Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
- Effective Communication, oral and written
- Vendor Management
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Understanding of standard purchasing and supply chain concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with accounting concepts, financial management and analysis
- Ability to excel in a matrix management environment
- Solid IT & Facilities background
- Awareness of contracts and contract terms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills