The Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. In addition, the technician is responsible for electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies and/or sub-assemblies per established standard workmanship and operating procedures.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation and harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans.
- Performs adjustments and reworks as needed to meet functional design, quality and customer specifications.
- Performs visual and mechanical inspection of units.
- Sets-up and provides all electrical connections to both single and multiple units.
- Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
- Posts weights and prepares goods for final shipment.
- Examines stock and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates machine tools for various types of machine shop equipment, including jig saw, band saw, miter saw, drill press, banding tool, drills, overhead crane and hoists, etc.
- Works from blueprints, process sheets, and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions.
- May communicate directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly.
- Assists, monitors, and strictly adheres to company safety/security programs and policies.
- Ensures compliance with government health and safety regulations including participation in employee training in emergency response, life safety, industrial hygiene, and chemical and fire hazards, conducting safety surveys and recommending corrective action where occupational hazards exist, responding to emergencies and investigating accidents and recommends corrective action and maintaining safe and clean housekeeping practices within assigned work areas. EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelors degree OR 2 year technical school degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Technology plus a minimum of 1 year related experience in electrical and mechanical manufacturing assembly, and wiring of electro-mechanical assemblies of control systems and drive systems. OR High school diploma required plus a minimum of 4 years' related experience in electrical and mechanical manufacturing assembly, and wiring of electro-mechanical assemblies of control systems and drive systems.
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical wiring schematics, assembly layout drawings, and ladder diagrams.
- Lifts heavy items up to 35 pounds.
- Must have the ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to assemble and wire electro-mechanical devices, components, and subassemblies from schematics and layout drawings.
- 1 year prior experience using material handling equipment.
- Familiarity with electrical power and safety practices.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship will be provided with this role.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and Standard Industrial Assembly Workmanship Standards is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is a plus.
- Previous experience with inventory management business systems such as IFS and SAP is preferred.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Elmhurst - Illinois
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.