Title: Maintenance Mechanic I
Reports To: Property Manager
Salary: $24,960.00 (Non-Exempt)
Performs reasonable grounds and reasonable building maintenance, and minor repairs including but not necessarily limited to the following: patching/repairing holes, painting,
minor carpentry, minor electrical and minor plumbing.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining Housing Authority grounds, including but not limited to, grass cutting, trimming bushes and foliage, raking and removing
leaves and debris, and snow removal.
- Performs indoor cleaning duties including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, and polishing of floors, stairways, elevators, changing of light bulbs; vacuuming
and cleaning carpets, cleaning of appliances, walls, ceilings, windows, other household surfaces, cleaning of trash chute doors inside/out, cleaning of vacant units.
- Performs outdoor cleaning duties including but not limited to trash removal, removal of bulk debris; sweeping of curbs and walks, power washing, leaf and
snow/ice removal as necessary.
- Informs Asset Property Manager of resident yards with trash and other conditions which adversely affect the overall appearance of the development
- Maintains grounds through the safe, effective and efficient use of walk behind and riding mowers, weed eaters, edgers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, and other lawn
care and landscape equipment.
- Exercise knowledge in the maintenance of grounds and janitorial maintenance techniques, methods, and materials.
- Checks playground equipment and performs minor repairs as necessary at playground sites within the development to insure safety of the equipment. handsets, repair and/or replace light fixtures/light bulbs, and patch and repair minor holes in walls.
- Repair, replace and/or install window/storm door screens.
- Unclog bath or kitchen fixtures, drains or sewer lines.
- Preparation and painting of interior and exterior areas.
- Practices safety precautions and is safety conscious at all times.
- Stores and maintains tools, supplies and materials, etc.
- Counsels and advises residents and staff on preventive measures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attendance is reliable; leave does not exceed the amount permitted, the employee has no unexcused absences.
- Employee takes all appropriate safety precautions to avoid on-the-job accidents, and immediately notifies supervisor of all safety hazards.
- Employee is available to respond to after hour emergency conditions as needed.
- All equipment, parts, tools, etc. are secured daily and kept clean and in good working condition.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques, methods, materials, and equipment used in household repairs and maintenance.
- Demonstrates good resident relations skills and the ability to work well with others.
- All required ESLHA paperwork is prepared properly and submitted (turned in, closed out, etc.) on a timely basis.
- Must wear appropriate uniform, identification, and required work attire including but not limited to steel-toe shoes, necessary ear and eye protection daily.
- All assigned work is completed in a timely manner and meets established quality standards.
- Ability to handle minor repairs including but not limited to replace smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, outlet receptacles, repair and/or replace interior door
Apply at www.eslha.org or within 700 N. 20thSt. East St .Louis, IL. 62205. AA/EOE