The Care Center Associate supports various Care Center responsibilities and uses administrative knowledge and experience to complete front desk duties. This position serves as the initial point of contact for all families and clients served at the Family Center. Therefore, they must be consistently on-time and available at their workstation to start business operations for the department. The Care Center Associate will use excellent customer service skills and be comfortable greeting and speaking with patients, parents, and VIP visitors in person and on the telephone.
1. Appropriately and promptly answer phone lines, directing calls to the appropriate department or provider, as well as take and deliver accurate messages when needed.
2. Greet all clients and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner, alert clinical staff of client’s arrival and assign a Visitor Badge when appropriate.
3. Support Care Center operational efficiency through timely and accurate data entry into the Transportation Database. Enter client attendance, new client demographics, client changes, driver information, and on-time information used for driver payment and AS400 reconciliation.
4. Promptly address messages left on the Family Center after-hours answering service system and distribute accordingly.
5. Provide incoming callers with directions to the Institute, hours of operation, and Care Center information regarding scheduled appointments, when appropriate.
6. Retain Security and Senior Staff when needed for client safety.
7. Support Care Center by making confirmation reminder calls for upcoming appointments as needed.
8. Support Care Center by processing insurance co-pays submitted by clients.
9. Support Care Center with various clerical functions such as assembling registration packets as directed by the supervisor.
10. Access the IAMS scheduling system when necessary so that they can redirect clients to the appropriate KKI department, clinic, or provider etc.