Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The business is dominated by Broker channel in Bergen county and NJ overall. The Service Specialist may also need to support the onsite group service reps providing services to the ICAs.
- Provide excellent service to walk-in members.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from walk-in members regarding benefits, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Acts as a customer advocate in providing assistance to resolve members issues and problems.
- Follow-up calls to members with resolution to identified issues in timely manner.
- Resolves inquiries related to authorizations, claims, enrollment, and billing.
- Provides service requests to other departments as needed.
- Fulfills material requests for members.
- Maintains accurate member data, including addresses, phone numbers, and PCP changes.
- Inputs data in system for record tracking and issue resolution.
- Documents all issues in system in a timely manner.
- Proactively educates members on cover benefits, plan exclusions, and procedures to enhance total customer service experience.
- Promote various store events and seminars to customers.
- Assists members to apply for various government assistance programs.
- Performs accountabilities in accordance with established organizational metrics.
- Identifies trends and continuously makes recommendations to improve processes.
- Reports issues or problems with members, systems and processes to manager.
- Assists and involves in member retention projects.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Meet established performance standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain productive working relationship with others and contribute as an effective team member.
- Perform Insides sales function to increase new business.
- Service walk-in prospects interested in Medicare and Individual Products.
- Explain plan benefits and assist prospects to choose the most appropriate plan according to their needs.
- Provide information on various plan designs and send out benefit package and sales materials.
- Coordinate with Sales Representatives on prospect follow-up.
- Input sales activities and results on sales tracking system.
- Collect and review enrollment application to ensure completeness.
- Coordinate with Sales Administrative Assistant and Enrollment Dept. to ensure smooth enrollment process.
- Active participation in community events to build relationship and promote our brand.
- Associates Degree or higher
- Bilingual fluency in Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin) and English
- Ability to attend occasional Health Fairs and Community Events
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to obtain State Accident & Health Insurance Licenses for NY and NJ within 60 days of employment
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to commute to work in Bergen, NJ and New York, NY when needed
- Prior health and / or general insurance sales experience
- NJ and / or NY Health License
- Experience in a position requiring excellent communication and analytical skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Bilingual Chinese Service Specialist, Edison, Health Insurance, Community Events