Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a
Risk Analystto join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals-just like you!
The Risk Analyst of Global Risk Management (RA-GRM) is an entry level staff position that supports the execution of the risk management process for Combined Insurance Company. The incumbent reports directly to the VP, Global Risk Management. RA-GRM interacts with internal auditing, insurance, fraud, corporate investigations and information security. The incumbent manages and develops a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying, monitoring and reducing pertinent business risks that could interfere with the company's objectives and goals. The RA-GRM is responsible for supporting the effective implementation of the risk control governance framework within Combined Insurance Company to meet the requirements of our parent company Board of Directors (Board); the Combined Company Chief Executive Officer (CEO); the applicable policies, standards, practices, and authorities established by our parent company Risk organization; applicable legal and regulatory requirements; and applicable Insurance organization guidelines, handbooks and similar publications.
- Analysis and Quantification
- Documenting the approach for the management of risk in the Insurance Company, clearly identifying the inherent risks of the business, along with providing clarity on the control structures and management responsibilities for the performance of controls
- Examining the processes and controls to assess the accuracy of any risk information or analysis provided by business lines in order to be in a position to offer objective reporting to Management
- Proactive monitoring of risk exposures in conformity with the risk principles, profile, appetite and limits approved by the Board of Combined Insurance while aggregating and reporting material risks.
- Monitoring the aggregate risk exposure of the International units through periodic communication and reporting material risks to Management.
- Providing regular reports to Management in a manner and format that allows them to clearly understand the risks being assumed
- Exercising Risk Control practices in accordance with the Risk Authorities, including decisions on exceptions to Group policy, and ensuring appropriate evaluation of risk (including reputation risk) and reward in risk decisions
- Partnering closely with the other control functions, supporting the Combined Insurance Company, to ensure that operational controls meet management's need for risk oversight.
- Enterprise View
- Supporting the Global Risk Management team in educating the business on risk policies, processes and applications as needed and promoting a strong fiduciary risk management culture
- Attending Risk Management Committee meetings, including overseeing the status of any remediation programs necessary to address control issues and providing regular reports to Management
- Reviewing new business opportunities and outsourcing Initiatives while creating an awareness of relevant risks.
Understanding of Company activities and the risks inherent in those activities including potential conflicts of interest in transactions with or involving affiliates
Hands on individual, capable of identifying and escalating gaps in controls, and holding management accountable for the closure of gaps
Knowledge of the traditional risk management framework
Demonstrated experience in a Risk, Audit or Compliance role relating to an Insurance business
Demonstrated experience using data analytic tools for examining trends and anomalies in large volumes of data
Up to 3 years of experience in a risk management or control monitoring function
Up to 3 years of experience in the A&H Insurance industry
Certification in risk management, audit and/or control practices (e.g. Certified Risk Professional, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Management ) is a plus
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world's largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and Google