Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic team at Presence St Mary's Hospital, 120 bed acute care facility located in Kankakee, IL. Position will work 40 hours per week with benefits.
Position will report to Clinical Nutrition Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Be responsible for the nutrition care of patients in an acute care setting including nutrition assessments, patient education, and patient rounds
- Plan care for patients receiving oral, enteral, or parenteral nutrition
- Provide nutritional counseling for both inpatients and outpatients
- Use electronic medical record to document patient care
- Be familiar with the Nutrition Care Process including development of PES statements and ADIME documentation format
- Work with dietetic students as assigned
- Participate in departmental, clinical, and other meetings related to areas of practice
- Conduct staff in-services as assigned
- Participate in community nutrition education programs or health fairs
- Possess good time management skills and be able to work independently
- Be a self-starter, independent, flexible, and team oriented
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..