Midwest Technical Institute, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking applicants for a part-time, evening instructor for HVAC-R/MAR at our Peoria, Illinois campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to train students for entry level employment in the workforce. The Instructor will teach both classroom theory and hands-on in lab situations. Midwest Technical Institute believes that hands-on learning is the greatest benefit that an instructor can provide to students.
- Relevant qualifications, training, and experience in the field of HVAC/R, which must include, at a minimum, three years of work experience in the HVAC/R field. Must also have a current EPA license.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time during lecture and clinical time.
- Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
- Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills, of all competencies taught in curriculum.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education and/or in-service education.
- Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of MTI and the program you represent.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to Multi-task.
Midwest Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer