|North Metro Community Services
|Existing work authorization required for United States
|Direct Hire, Full-Time
US$33415 - 33415
Dental Insurance -
Health Insurance -
Life Insurance -
Paid Sick Leave -
Paid Training -
Tuition Reimbursement -
Paid Vacation -
|No relocation assistance provided
Health - Social Work/Public Health
|in same country
English - Fluent
Spanish - Fluent
|Cover letter required
No questions which require answers when applying for this job posting.
| / Latpro-3623177
Full-time, 36 hours/week, generally 9 hours per day on Monday-Thursday with flexible schedule options
The Bilingual Resource Coordinator-Combined Caseload provides case management for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities or delays. Bilingual Resource Coordination functions may include: translation of documents and communications in Spanish/English, intake, annual functional eligibility assessments, support in coordinating benefits, development and coordination of initial and annual Service Plan, service access, documentation and targeted case management, quality assurance and monitoring the effectiveness of supports and services to meet individualized needs and desires, support with transfers and termination of services, and advocacy on behalf of persons with disabilities.
1. Possesses strong verbal and written language skills in Spanish and English; translates documents and communications as needed.
2. Ensures timely scheduling, implementation, and documentation of the Service Plan (SP) process (CSRs and enrollments as applicable) in accordance with Department process and standards.
3. Schedules and effectively facilitates SP and Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings; assures appropriate interaction and communication, and timely documentation.
4. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of services as identified in the SP and by the IDT in accordance with Department process and standards; assures identified outcomes are met.
5. Provides ongoing advocacy to the individual and their family (as applicable) to assure individual service needs are addressed, and rights as identified in Rules and Regulations are respected; assures that due process is followed (disputes, suspensions, informed consent, etc.).
6. Identifies, accesses, and coordinates resources and supports available and appropriate to individuals and families.
7. Performs and documents targeted case management (TCM) activities in accordance with Department timelines, and agency process and standards; Meets productivity standards, deadlines and work schedules (TCM as applicable to the position).
8. Coordinates support in emergency and crisis situations; Provides services and supports to temporarily assigned individuals.
9. Identifies, accesses, and takes action to maintain funding and benefit supports needed for the provision of services for individuals receiving services and their families.
10. Provides guidance, support and direction to the IDT and others, as appropriate. Helps others understand changing situations.
11. Perform duties associated with agency policy of abuse and neglect and process established by Department process and standards.
12. Maintains Master Record data and notifies system of changes as needed consistent with Department process and standards.
1. Maintains ongoing contact with the individual receiving services/guardian/family as identified in Department process and standards.
2. Serves as liaison for issues related to individuals in service between Resource Coordination and North Metro Community Services' staff, families and other agencies; negotiates positive outcomes for individuals in service.
3. Maintains and documents contact with individual receiving services, IDT members, PASA (program approved service agency) related contact as identified in Department process and standards.
4. Assures supervisor and other agency personnel are well informed of relevant issues.
5. Completes the intake process and eligibility determination consistent with the Department process and standards, as applicable.
6. Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with advocacy entities, legal entities, mental health professionals and others.
7. Represents agency in a positive manner and exhibits good customer service practices.
8. Adapts to changing situations and is receptive to new ideas and processes.
9. Participate in Committees as need in accordance with the duties of the position.
10. Participate in Departmental meetings, training, and shared tasks as required.
11. Participate in activities required of employees of North Metro.
12. Drive as needed in performance of the duties above.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Resource Coordination Director and Department Associate Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Strong written and oral skills and abilities in both Spanish and English
2. Ability to translate documents, recordings and other media formats between Spanish and English.
3. Represents agency in a positive manner and exhibits good customer service practices, and a strong commitment to quality supports and services.
4. Learns to use computers, databases, and other technology effectively, as is appropriate for the job
5. Organizational skills and abilities in facilitating and work within teams; Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals.
6. Ability to manage a multifaceted position.
7. Adapts to changing situations and is receptive to new ideas and processes.
8. Displays initiative in developing or upgrading knowledge and skills. Applies new knowledge or skills acquired from developmental opportunities.
9. Ability to work flexible hours.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Human Services-related field or 5 years of experience working with persons with Developmental Disabilities
2. Prefer working knowledge of the developmental disability system, rules and regulations, and/or previous case management or related experience