UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
As a Bilingual Stars Member Navigator Aide, you will act in a liaison role with Dual Special Needs members to telephonically outreach to them and ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide social assessments and member education.
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- Locate members who need guidance
- Outreach telephonically to members
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Perform health risk assessments verbally with the member over the phone
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their prescriptions
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Outreach to members to confirm they were able to keep their doctor appointments
- Coordinate outreach to members, coordinated with United HealthCare Stars Member Navigators
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Perform to or above the Stars Member Navigator program performance goals for member outreach, reach, and Stars gap closures
- Document member outreach and referrals accurately, completely, and in a timely manner as detailed in the policy and procedure manual for the Stars Member Navigator program in ICUE and other relevant documentation information systems as directed by auditor/trainer or supervisor
- Correct documentation errors as noted in audit results as directed by auditor/trainer or supervisor
- High School Diploma / GED or higher.
- Telephonic outbound patient / member outreach experience
- 1+ years of experience working within the community Health setting in a Healthcare role.
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community.
- Familiarity with the resources and organizations available within the community.
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
- Experience working in Managed Care.
- Knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare populations in your local area.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in healthcare-relevant area of study.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, District of Columbia, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy
Please see job description.