Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Senior Production Planner is responsible for the creation, monitoring and evaluation of the monthly production plan for our five manufacturing facilities and copacker. They are responsible for the scheduling up to the finite scheduling that will be performed at the facility level.
- Create monthly production targets and run weekly meetings with the schedulers to assess progress, and address issues and special situations
- Create the winter build plan and monitor the progress until the completion in the Spring and report on the final compliance
- Assist the local scheduling team to incorporate new product introductions, the winter plan build, helper batches and plant direct shipments
- Research and coordinate the development of new programming to support the needs of company wide scheduling
- Perform root cause analysis where necessary to determine planning problems and make recommendations for improvement
- Review large and truckload orders for quantities and timing and coordinate with CIC and the servicing warehouse(s)
- Coordinate international orders by ensuring products are transfers to meet the requirements of the orders
- Provide monthly reporting on all aspects of production planning
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business, or relevant field.
- 5-7+ years of production planning experience using advanced MRP system within a manufacturing environment
- Advanced working knowledge with ERP/MRP systems. At least some experience working with SAP very desirable. Strong computer skills including advanced Excel, MS Office, Business Objects also a plus.
- Production planning or supply chain certifications (CPIM, APICS, etc.) required. Experience with Process Excellence, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Proven ability to develop reports and analyze data to initiate problem solving. Must be analytical and data driven in decision making process.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills