Job TitleOperations Supervisor
Requisition Primary LocationElk Grove Village, Illinois
Are You Ready to embrace Servant Leadership as an Operations Supervisor?
We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Operations Supervisor with strong safety and leadership qualities to join our GROOT hauling location in Elk Grove, IL. GROOT, a subsidiary of Waste Connections. provides residential, commercial, yard waste, and roll off waste removal services. As an Operations Supervisor you will be held accountable to create a safe & fun work environment while managing the overall daily operations.
The Key responsibilities include creating a culture of safety, supporting supervisors, dispatchers, deliver drivers, management of daily operations, staffing, route planning, budgeting, and providing excellent customer service.
This position could potentially lead to career advancement which may require relocation.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
OPERATIONS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps develop and execute safety goals.
- Monitors progress of daily operations for drivers and make staffing and routing changes as necessary.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures
- Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collections programs.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans with the District Manager
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets labor and material costs are met
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, DOT, OSHA, and local permitting.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
OPERATIONS MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous operations experience in the Trash Industry required
- 2 or more years of managing in a people driven environment
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
- Must be detail oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks
- Class B CDL or the ability to obtain one within 90 days
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE : It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY : Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)