UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high - performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Positions in this function address efforts focused on medical, behavioral, and social determinants of health factors that improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
- Locate members who need guidance
- Telephonic and in person outreach
- In person outreach may vary from 25-75%
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- May focus primarily on conducting health risk assessments with members
- If assigned members to assist in completion of recommended screenings and tests:
- Inquire if members need help with any specific barriers to healthcare
- Identify health plan resources or local community resources to provide solutions for the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of outbound patient / member outreach experience, both telephonic and field - based / in - person
- 3+ years of experience working within the community Health setting in a Healthcare role
- Experience and familiarity with the community organizations / resources available within the community or counties specified
- Experience with both telephonic and in - person, proactive patient outreach
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office ( Word, Outlook and Excel) and be able to utilize its applications in a professional setting, filtering, sorting, working in templates, sending emails, managing calendar.
- Must reside in Manhattan, NY
- Comfortable with 25-75% travel
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and - or patient sites within a designated area
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Social Work, LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) licensure, CNA / HHA, Health Education
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare populations in your local area
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do
your lifes best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Insurance, customer services, customer services representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, Manhattan, Spanish
See job description.