This Catering Manager @ Blackburn College is the perfect place for you...
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE !**
Sodexo's universities segment has an opportunity for a self starter to be our new Catering Manager 2 for our account at Blackburn College located in the quaint and picturesque town of Carlinville, IL. This small liberal arts College has approximately 800 people with 400 boarders. Food operations on this smaller campus includes resident dining, food retail and catering. Unit managed volume is $1.1MIL.
Where is Carlinville, IL? It's located in Central Illinois. Carlinville offers small town living in a town of 8,000 ppl - and Springfield is only 45 mins away!
Reporting to our General Manager, you will have over-site of up to 250K annually in catering volume. You will have catering's from small coffee drop off's to larger VIP events.
Blackburn is one of only eight federally recognized work colleges in the United States, and it has the only student-managed work program, enabling students to gain leadership experience as they manage other students. All resident students are required to work. Each student who works receives a tuition discount for the hours they work. Blackburn is the least expensive private college in Illinois.
The ideal Catering Manager candidate:
- Prior catering management experience, campus/university experience preferred;
- Self starter with superior organizational skills;
- A demonstrated ability to lead a catering team in the day to day catering operations to ensure exceptional delivery of service;
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with customers, clients and all levels of management;
- Ability to successfully implement Sodexo programs, policies, and procedures;
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards