Sodexo's universities segment is seeking a highly driven Food Retail Manager 3 for long tenured and premiere account at Lewis University. Lewis University is a mid-size Catholic University located 35 miles Southwest of Chicago in Romeoville, IL. Sodexo @ Lewis University oversees a MV of $4.5 MIL in dining services including resident dining, retail and robust catering & conference business. Lewis University has a total enrollment of 6,000 students with Resident enrollment of approx 1000 students and a large commuter population. All units on campus are declining balance.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will oversee and drive sales for our Food Service Retail units (MV $900K) to include Sub Connection, Starbuck's Proudly Brew (2), C-Store and Jazzman's and have involvement with our large volume catering (FOH & BOH), as needed. You will oversee 3-4 supervisors and up to 75 associates in a union environment.
Are you the experienced Food Retail Manager that we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- drive sales;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous Food Retail management experience;
- has managed multi-units;
- understands following brand standards;
- is flexible to the idea of wearing different hats;
- has been involved with high volume catering, preferred;
- has culinary experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience, is preferred.
- Seeking Bi-lingual candidates. The ability to communicate in Spanish would assist in managing the workforce, but not mandatory.
Check out Lewis University:
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.