Are you looking for your career to SHINE?
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 3 for our University account at Scripps College - a high profile private University in Claremont, CA in Southern California. The University hosts many high end Special Catering and Fundraising events throughout the year. The Catering Manager will oversee a busy catering department – events ranging from basic catering, to summer conferences, to high-end plated dinners to banquets, specialty events and fundraising events. Looking for a creative, food focused Catering / Banquet manager with talent for presentation who is detail oriented, offers great customer service focus, and strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- have five + years of high volume catering/banquet/event management including high end, high profile and special event catering. Experience in resort, conference center or hotel banquet background also a plus.
- have extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management.
- have a strong focus on food quality, and display a knack for presentation, finesse and inspiration.
- be versed in culinary functions, menu development, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- strong time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates – the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
Sound like the exciting catering/event managment opportunity you have been waiting for? APPLY TODAY! Join the Sodexo team at Scripps College.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards