Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a
Compensation Analystto join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals-just like you!
Reporting to the Compensation Manager, the Incentive Compensation Analyst is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the compensation system, administer compensation plans, identify bottlenecks in efficient running of business processes, and suggest solutions for improvement and modifications in business processes. The incumbent is a key team member working in association with the Compensation Manager, IT Application Manager and Functional Experts to effectively align compensation design parameters (business requirements) with systems capabilities. The analyst will document business requirements, solicit information and act as facilitator among various organizational groups in order to assess potential risks and gaps within the proposed solution.
Carry out major assignments (facilitate meetings, document requirements, approve functional designs and coordinate User Acceptance Testing, etc.) in conducting the implementation of compensation changes. Authority to formulate project test plans for compensation related projects and sign off on User Acceptance Testing.
- Review proposed compensation changes and product summaries, ability to articulate what the changes are and/or impacts and develop a solution
- Build a technical design of commission/override and bonus plans and configuration for Callidus Compensation application including building rate tables and writing rules that the system will use to calculate compensation
- Conduct unit test and work with various groups with User Acceptance Test
- Develop/build reports that will extract data from compensation system (Callidus) to be used for controls and analytical purposes.
- Attend meetings with management to discuss related comp issues
- Ensure that the selected initiative clearly defines a business opportunity, outlines possible impacts and integration requirements.
- Analyze and identify solution alternatives, and provide feedback with management and IT before the initiative is presented to the leadership team for acceptance.
- Interface with the users, assess needs, gather requirements, sometimes write technical specs, sometimes use processes and workflows, most of the time create or assist with test plans and cases.
- Propose improvements to further automate processes in order to reduce time while improving accuracy.
- Implement management operating practices for manual workarounds.
- Investigate potential failures or discrepancies, perform root cause analysis and outline possible solutions
- Provide insightful advice to management on opportunities for improving system performance
- Support staff development using various training methods
- 1-3 Years of experience with Incentive Compensation Systems (preferably with Callidus true-comp manager, reporting and analytics application) and/or HRIS experience
- Experience in a role that required leadership and analytical skills
- Knowledge and building of Access data bases
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Effective Communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Extremely strong listening and business interviewing skills
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- Ability to communicate well with management and administrative staff
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- Data manipulation (extraction and analysis)
- Client Focus
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
- Strong Attention to detail
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world's largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Travel - No
Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and Google
Job Posting - Jul 12, 2018, 11:08:24 AM