Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Manager -- Inventory Control is responsible for the oversight of direct inventory for the company. They are responsible for leading the company physical inventories and cycle count programs and coordinating with the logistics, manufacturing and finance teams to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Responsible for managing the cycle count program for distribution centers and manufacturing facilities in the Benjamin Moore Network. This includes generating cycle count calendars for the manufacturing facilities on an annual basis and monitoring cycle count tasks in the Manhattan Warehouse Management System for the DCs. Calendars and tasks will be created from ABC SKU level settings, which you will define based on sales volume and maintain these settings in the SAP and Manhattan WMS systems.
- Generate bi-weekly and monthly reporting for on-time and inventory accuracy metrics for the cycle count program and distribute to the facility managers and cycle counters. Coordinate with the operational planning team to update necessary cycle count metrics on the official monthly scorecards for the facilities. Communicate Rolling 12 Inventory Accuracy metrics to the Financial Team.
- Organize the Spring and Fall full physical inventories. Facilitate timing and monitor activity during the events. Provide accuracy results to upper management and generate a final write-up of the event.
- Report on monthly inventory turns by total company and manufacturing facilities.
- Review large inventory adjustments across the network and provide exception reporting to the Finance Team.
- Support Customer Service inquiries that are inventory related.
- Provide assistance as need with large projects or company initiatives that relate to inventory control. Examples: SAP-related projects, facility changes in the network, inventory optimization across distribution centers, SKU stocking strategies.
- Develop improved processes and tools as necessary that incorporate inventory management best practices, SOPS, and help drive policy, process and reporting standardization across all North American Sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business, or relevant field
- Four or more years of inventory control experience using advanced MRP system within a manufacturing environment. Experience working with SAP desirable.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and deductive reasoning skills necessary.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks is required
- Proven ability to develop reports and analyze data to initiate problem solving. Must be analytical and data driven in decision making process.
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel, MS Office, Business Objects, AS/400 and other database and web applications.
- Production planning or supply chain certifications (CPIM, APICS, etc.) required. Experience with Process Excellence, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is preferred.