Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourh most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The role is responsible for driving and supporting the sales team and distribution of Benjamin Moore & Co manufactured products. (Emerging Brands) The segments that utilize Central Buying Practice; Hardware Co-Op Corporate, Distributors, Regional company Owned Store, Out of Channel accounts and other Specialty Coatings customers.
The role will have a close working relationship with Core Market Area Sales Managers to ensure the Segments are leveraging and developing new and existing sales within Specific Channels of Distribution with Emerging Brands. This position will implement and support effective and innovative distribution, sales, and marketing programs to achieve Benjamin Moore & Co company sales and margin.
Working in close concert with the key customers within the segment of responsibility, managing a sales staff, and interacting with various departments to increase sales and profits. The incumbent will work with the Director of Sales to develop and implement strategic business plans that will result in profitable sales growth and brand awareness in new and adjacent distribution channels for Benjamin Moore & Co.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Segment Sales Strategic and Implementation Planning
- Contribute to the growth and development of the key segments by providing pertinent information on competitive actions, industry trends, marketing, pricing, retailer perspectives, and field rep feedback, identifying opportunities, challenges, possible solutions and gaining awareness on implications.
- Hardware Co-Op
- Lenmar: Wood Flooring
- Out of Channel Specialty: Distributors, Home Centers, Industrial Supply, National & Regional Paint Manufacturers
- Review sales statistics to help develop on-going sales support for Benjamin Moore & Co in Hardware Channel and Lenmar Flooring. Support a balanced strategy for Benjamin Moore & Co within Distributor Channel, Home Center and Paint Manufacture that balances core channel will seeking opportunistic growth.
- Facilitate team communication and coordination. Provide assistance to the product development managers to support the development process
- Work with the Sales Director to develop planning tools for each segment and support the planning process to ensure effective plans and communicated
- Ensure effective planning is executed & communicated across the Core Markets
- Monitor plan effectiveness, provide feedback to stakeholders and facilitate next steps
- Prioritize and oversee field activities to support implementation
Segment Sales Resource Needs & Allocation
- Work closely with sales and marketing to identify sales segment resources required to grow with Benjamin Moore & Co products in Segments with Centralized Management.
Identify and Communicate Segment Sales Tool & Program Needs
- Utilize sales tools and programs to support sales growth while driving results and develop people
- Provide feedback to your team using existing sales tools and programs
- Continue to develop and support training and sales initiatives with your sales personnel and motivate and develop personnel within the department
Segment Sales Team Personnel Development
- Identify development needs and implement training to improve the effectiveness of your Sales Team in driving result
- Promote and monitor team's activities providing training to ensure consistent evaluations
- Monitor plan effectiveness, provide feedback to stakeholders and execute next steps
Monitor and Communicate Industry Trends and Competitive Activity
- Closely monitor regional and national industry in addition to retail and consumer trends along with competitive actions and selling tactics across area of responsibility to capitalize on opportunities and increase market share for Benjamin Moore & Co
Retailer Engagement and Relationship Building
- Directly engage Senior and Mid-Level customers on a one-on-one, or group level to monitor our overall effectiveness in meeting their needs, develop respectful business relationships and promote long term brand loyalty
- Support retailer trade shows and events throughout North America
- Help support industry business groups and affiliations
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Relevant Work Experience/Requirements
- 10+ years
- Strong PC skills including the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Excel and Word
- Experience in developing successful programs that will enhance sales
- Ability to analyze, develop, propose, and communicate strategies that will help the organization be more effective, competitive, or otherwise achieve its goals
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in such a way that creative solutions are developed to satisfy all parties
- Ability to assess multiple tasks and develop a plan to complete them in a logical and efficient manner
- Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions
Essential Functions of Position
- Travel a moderate to extensive amount domestically; approximately 50% of total time is the norm.