Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore & Co, a world-class leader in paint products and color, is currently looking for an energetic Portfolio and Project Manager to join the Product Marketing Team to manage the portfolio of product introductions and modifications. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a set of projects within a specific Marketing domain working cross functionally with Research and Operations Planning.
- Establishing a methodology for managing a portfolio of projects and building the tools to effectively manage the portfolio
- Monitoring execution of all deliverables across multiple projects
- Managing internal and external resources and making sure the project team is capable and sized correctly to complete the project(s) at hand
- Establishing critical path including milestones for each project and ensuring that all project phases adhere to the agreed-upon timeline
- Assisting project team in troubleshooting and finding solutions to unforeseen issues
- Communicating with stakeholders, team members and others on project status, including progress, risk and any issues that may have an impact on project delivery
- Coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups including Research, Planning, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing
- Managing customer expectations and proactively closing expectation gaps
- Taking ownership of, managing and obtaining approvals for all change requests, particularly regarding scope and budget
- Planning major project phases and establishing project success factors with input from key stakeholders
- Prioritizing risks and their impacts for mitigation / monitoring
- Leverage standard tools to manage the project -- i.e. charter, project plan, risk log, status report, etc.
Requirements & Desired Skills:
- 7-10 years portfolio and project management experience in managing marketing or cross department non-technology projects
- Ability to lead large cross-functional teams on medium to large size projects through all phases of the project life cycle
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency using MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- PMP certification a plus