Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions.
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this:
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
- Loading new member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes
- Responding to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status
- Working with various types of member correspondence
- Reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- Inventory control of member and group transactions
- Works with clients and providers to arrange billing and confirm authorized treatment and benefits for members
- Working with underwriters and brokers and do the full enrollment process from inquiries to quotes
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- May act as a resource for others.
- May coordinate others activities.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher required
- Bilingual in English / Spanish
- Customer service experience or experience in an office setting environment
- Proficiency within Microsoft Outlook (ability to send/receive emails as well as create calendar invites)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Excel (ability to filter, sort, create and edit spreadsheets)
- 6+ months of experience working with members and providers in a health care insurance setting
- Basic understanding of eligibility functions
- Proficiency within Microsoft Excel (Ability to create pivot tables, v look ups and formulas)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Sharepoint (Access and ability to upload data)
- Experience with UHG systems; IE: TOPS, ISET, ICUE, UNET, CES, CDB
- Experience analyzing and researching data
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare Health care, insurance, bilingual, Spanish, Microsoft office
Please see job description.