Relocation Assistance Available!
Sodexo’s university segment is seeking Food Retail / Catering Manager for our long tenured contract at Concordia University located in River Forest, Illinois.
Concordia is a Christian campus of 675 boarders and an overall population of 3,200 on campus. As our Retail / Catering Manager, you will oversee 5 retail (1.5MIL) locations including three smaller Convenience stores, We Proudly serve Starbucks, Subway and Grill. You will also oversee a high volume Catering department with a $500 MV annually. Catering is growing and client has a high expectation of excellence. Reporting to the GM, this position will work alongside a well rounded team and oversee a staff of up to 50 associates and 6 supervisors. This is a growing campus with exciting renovations/remodels happening now!
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that supports work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s rare in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Retail Manager / Catering Manager that we’re seeking?
- Oversee all daily operations in Catering and Retail
- Full integration with our client's organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team
- Achieving company and client financial targets and goals
- Work to achieve continuous improvement
- Ensuring Sodexo standards of operations
- Position develops positive relationships with key representatives at the University and delivers guest services that exceed customer expectations _
Do you have?
- Strong food retail experience and front of the house leadership
- Catering experience from casual to upscale VIP experience
- Extensive interaction with the campus clients and with external clients. Strong client relations is the key to success at this account
- Work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work in teams
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo champions a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful and we remain committed to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.