Are you an energetic and team-oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have a proven record of leadership excellence and a history of leading teams to consistently exceed established goals in dynamic operational environments?
Do you have a proven ability to recruit, train, develop, communicate with and retain team members?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution?
Do you have a proven ability to effectively manage financial resources?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to supervise drivers at one of our locations.
The Operations Manager provides leadership to leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
Lead teams in a dynamic operational environment, to consistently exceed established goals, demonstrate a commitment to customers and a dedication to excellence and innovation. Develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution. Effectively manage resources to achieve operational excellence and meet or exceed the site financial operating plan. Implement and maintain an incident free safety culture at the operation.
- Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives
- Establish and sustain that we recruit, hire, train, develop and retain quality associates.
- Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members
- Establish and sustain strong and effective relationships with associates, the customer, and supporting departments
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives
- Interact daily with local customer to ensure existing and emerging customer needs are understood
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, carrier selection, backhauls, and trailer loading
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets
- Identify issues with the operating metrics and P&L and make required adjustments in a timely manner
- Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
- Lead a culture of safety through personal example
- Develop, execute, and assess continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency
- Ensure associates understand their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures
- Coach through safety observations
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and challenge the status quo
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer
- Identify and seize profitable business opportunities for the customer and Penske
- Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Lead effort to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency
- Contribute to equipment specification at time of start-up and renewal
- Build a strong working relationship with local PTL district and other equipment vendors
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor