Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian with at least 2 years’ experience, and 2 or more years clinical leadership experience for a Clinical Nutrition Manager position MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER in Chicago, IL and is only 2 miles from downtown Chicago. A long term Sodexo partner, this is a 325-bed (average census 200) teaching, research, and tertiary-care level 1 trauma facility that employs 3,000 staff members and includes a Rehabilitation Hospital that is a 100-bed,(average census 60) nationally recognized, comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation facility that helps adult and pediatric patients achieve maximum independence.
Position will report to General Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Have previous clinical nutrition management experience in an acute care setting and have a strong commitment to excellence in patient care
- Be responsible in overseeing clinical team of seven full time RDs and one part time RD, clinical nutrition services both inpatient and outpatient
- Support patient meal services including satellite hospital. Familiar with Health Touch patient meal program a plus.
- Have oversight of the diet office, including regulatory and accreditation preparation and readiness, clinical program standards, staff development, quality assurance program, nutrition care process and patient satisfaction
- Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with medical staff and senior administration, representing the department facility wide
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, have a track record of proactive interaction with the medical team, be a team player, and have demonstrated leadership skill
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).