Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Production Manager 3 for Trinity Hospital Medical Center in Chicago, IL. The selected candidate will support the food production process for the Cafe, Catering and At Your Request (AYR) patient room service program for an average feeding census of 200 patients. The ideal candidate for this position will have a culinary/cooking background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Controlling food & labor cost
- Inventory and purchasing
- Ensuring food safety and sanitation compliance
- Hands-on food preparation
- Direct customer interaction
- Supervision of 8 union Sodexo hourly associates
- interviewing and selection of culinary staff
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of management experience, a strong working knowledge of food safety and sanitation guidelines, cooking background, computer literacy as well as excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills. Prior experience managing a unionized workforce would be a plus for this role.
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards