Job TitleBenefits Specialist
Requisition Primary LocationThe Woodlands, Texas
Who are we?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
A Day in the Life of an Employee Benefits Representative:
- The bulk of your day will be spent handling emails and phone calls assisting employees with medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and other benefits questions
- Coordinating benefit related activities including annual enrollment, benefits administration, leave management processes, and garnishments
- Working with several different vendors as needed
- Clerical duties including data entry, filing and mailings
What You Have to Have:
- Proven ability to handle a high volume of calls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and contact with employees in a calm and professional manner
- Comfortable doing benefits presentations and participating in wellness fairs or benefits events
What Would be Great to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or a related field
- Bilingual in Spanish and English or French and English is a plus
- Experience working with payroll systems - specifically Ceridian, Ultipro, and/or Workday
- 2+ years of experience in HR, benefits experience preferred
What's In It For You:
You will be joining a great team and a company in a "work hard, play harder" environment along with a competitive salary. We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more. For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)