Elior North America
Position: Food Service Worker Sub -PM
Department: Food Service Staff
Status: Temporary / Seasonal
Shift: First / Day
Req #: 2283807
Date posted: July 2, 2018
2100 Morse Road, PM-Columbus Bilingual Academy North
Columbus, OH, 43229, US
Job category: Food Service Staff
The job of Food Service Worker Sub requires the worker to order food, heat food, serve breakfast, lunch or snacks to the students, clean the food preparation area and serving area, receive deliveries, keep accurate client records for the National School Lunch Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates directly with Foodservice Coordinator and/or Manager/Director reporting all problems, issues and concerns as well as keeping manager informed of daily operations.
- Maintains departmental records in an efficient manner as assigned.
- Abides by the federal regulations pertaining to their position such as meal components and meal counting, production records and health department codes.
- Contributes to ordering food and paper products to sufficiently cover planned program for students.
- Contributes to the responsibility of checking, inspecting, and storing of incoming food and supplies as well as maintaining inventory levels of all food and supplies.
- Assists in projecting meal counts for the day's meals and prepares the serving line for service.
- Prepares meal components according to the daily menu following trained preparation and safety methods.
- Work harmoniously with students and staff.
- Maintain the highest level of sanitation and safety for food preparation and equipment.
- Cleans all work and serving areas at the end of the day.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and merchandising themes and programs.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
education AND experience requirements:
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Must pass state background check and drug screening when applicable
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.