Relocation Assistance Available!
Located in the heart of the Midwest, Sodexo at Western Illinois University is seeking a skilled Food Service Manager 2 for Western Illinois University located in Macomb, IL (Macomb is located 1.5 hours away from Springfield, Quad Cities and Peoria). WIU is a large campus in a family community serving more than 9,000 students at its traditional, residential four-year university. Sodexo has held this contract and solid relationship for over 50 years!!!
As our Food Service Manager you will be charged with driving customer service excellence in our large volume Resident Dining program serving over 700 daily. Reporting to our Operations Manager, you will oversee up to 60 associates. Responsibilities will include: Scheduling, HR functions, ordering and ensuring a high level of customer service is the key to success!
**In the fall, this position will be 2nd shift working Tuesday - Saturdays from 2PM -11PM.
Summer schedule could vary from this.***
Ideal candidate will have:
Experience with managing, training and scheduling a food service staff
Experience with food ordering and inventory;
Food Service Management / or supervisory experience;
Exposure to the Back of the House kitchen experience, is preferred.
The Macomb, IL area is ideal for raising a family and rural living. Consider joining a growing team at Western Illinois University! It’s a large campus in a small town atmosphere
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please visit our Network with Us page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Sodexo Campus Environments - Click HERE to read more
Restaurant Manager, Food Service Manager, QSR, Assistant Manager, Fast Food Manager, Supervisor
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement