Job #74873 - Sodexo is seeking a Dining Room Manager (II) for Covenant Village of Northbrook in Northbrook, Illinois, located in the North Shore area of Chicago. One of the region’s top Continuing Care Retirement Communities, this location has 345 Residents. We are just 20 minutes north of Chicago.
In this role, you manage our Bistro at lunch, catering and special events, and the Main Dining Room in the evening. Responsibilities; training of 30 Wait Staff, interviews, hiring, schedules, performance evaluations. Position reports to the General Manager, oversees; Sodexo’s Five Stars Dining systems and standards, assists with the budget process, monitor labor hours, some inventory & on-line ordering.
Your Skills Checklist for this position;
Some College / Trade School, Servsafe Certified
Front of the house restaurant dining & wait staff training experience
Skills to: interview, hire, train, schedule, evaluate a team of 30
Catering, food retail, cash handling/billing experience
Computer skills to work in excel, word & PowerPoint
Working knowledge of HACCP for regulatory compliance
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks is essential
Experience in retirement community / country club / restaurants is ideal
The typical schedule: 10:00am-8:00pm with rotating weekends and holidays
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
Covenant Village of Northbrook
Posted Salary Range; No relocation offered for this position
Sodexo Benefits at a glance;
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Supervises Executive Dining Room staff and service operations in an Executive Dining Room to ensure an excellent customer experience and client satisfaction. Implements company service and quality standards to achieve the account’s goals while demonstrating the company mission and values. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and program that exceed client and customer expectations.
Develops and maintains customer relationships to achieve excellent customer and client satisfaction with Executive Dining Room services, staff, and food quality.
- operations in an Executive Dining Room.
- Ensures that employees demonstrate an active customer hospitality and service orientation toward customers and clients and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate company resource when necessary.
-Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs to meet goals and deadlines and ensures that dining room is clean, neat, and organized and is fully stocked with all needed items, including silverware, condiments and replenishments of product at all times.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards and provides positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste and complies with all government regulations.
- Ensures the quality of operations, including dishware, linens, food and beverage items, and preparing alcoholic beverages to standards, and complying with all client, company and state Food Safety requirements.