Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Bilingual Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator for the STAR Kids program will manage the care of members telephonically by completing health assessments and coordinating patient care. This candidate may identify, coordinate, or provide appropriate levels of care under the direct supervision of an RN. Work is generally self-directed and not prescribed; this person will complete face-to-face member assessments, so it will be important to function in a less structure work environment.
- Engaging members telephonically review EMR, coordinate care with care givers, worked hand in hand with a nurse to insure our members needs are met
- Delivering a holistic approach to coordinated care based on the member's needs using a person-centered philosophy
- Documentation in an electronic file
- Functioning as an advocate for the members
- Building relationships with the member and their family to assist with coordination of health choices
- Ensuring documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Coordination with other state agencies, community resources, and providers
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in Service Coordination or Case Management
- High Speed Internet access in home
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Must live in Harris County, TX
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Experience with pediatric clients
- Home Health experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Call center, Healthcare, member services, bilingual, Spanish