Sodexo Senior Living is seeking a Food Operations Mgr. to support the Healthcare (Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living) operation at The Samarkand Retirement Community in Santa Barbara, CA.
The Food Operations Manager 2 will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Healthcare operation and leading 20 hourly staff members; budgetary management, training and audit preparation.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- Certified Dietary Manager Certificate (CDM) is preferred.
Check out The Samarkand:
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Connect with this recruiter on _LinkedIn_ or _Twitter_.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us _page and consider signing up
for our _Career Connections eNewsletter_.
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: __. _#
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies