Are you passionate about working with the geriatric population? If so, this is the job for you!
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients performing all duties within the scope of their LPN license and as directed by their supervising Provider(s).
- Assists the Provider(s) and clinical staff to identify high risk patients
- Adds band stratification into the electronic medical record as directed by the Provider
- Conducts evaluations and patient education nurse visits for chronic disease states with clear instruction regarding treatment, medications, self-management goals and actions plans outlined in a personalized contingency plan
- Conduct intake on incoming calls and perform outbound calls regarding band stratification allocation
- Assists in review of patient supportive care at home, social factors and concerns. This may include assessment of durable medical equipment (DME), home health or other resources that could be beneficial for the patient and their family
- Communicates with Hospital and Skilled Nursing facilities regarding inpatients with the ability to communicate status to the physician and staff effectively
- Will have access to designated local hospital physician portals to retrieve medical records when appropriate
- Assists Provider with communication to the Care Management Team and documents in the electronic medical record when appropriate
- Involved with the weekly Patient Care Coordination (PCC) meeting and responsible for updating current patient information and status in SharePoint as well as completing the PCC Scorecard in EPRG
- Performs clinic patient wound care on stable conditions per providers order and document appropriately
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work with multidisciplinary teams and individuals
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse, including injections, procedures, phlebotomy and diagnostic testing
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
This clinic is located at 591 Oak Commons Blvd, Kissimmee, Florida 34741 and is open M-F from 8am-5pm.
- High school diploma or GED
- Licensed Practical Nurse with a current license in good standing to practice in Florida
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
- 2 years of related LPN experience in a physicians office, clinical or hospital setting
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective use of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, 10 and CPT coding
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctors diagnosis of disease
- 3+ years of related LPN experience in a physicians office, clinical or hospital setting
- Knowledge of managed care and referral processes
- Current IV certification
- Experience related to patient education
- Proficient knowledge of chronic diseases, especially with COPD/asthma, CHF, IHD, and diabetes
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Effectively listening and communications skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: clinic, lpn, practical nurse, case management, care management, bilingual, Kissimmee, Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, Saint Cloud, St. Cloud, Celebration, Davenport, Haines City, Winter Haven, Windermere, Florida, FL